so let the Son shine in

Monday, May 4, 2009

just to sweep away the cobwebs

aloha!

k i really don't know what to blog right now - just handed in a major project (the seabird one!) today! woohoo! praise God :) Quite happy about the end-product :)

yep so i guess this post is just to sweep away the cobwebs that have accumulated here for the past month or so from my inactiveness. Haha. Speaking of inactiveness - i am getting blubbery!!!! hehehe...nah not that bad, but sure eating more now that in the beginning of the sem! wahaha.

ermmm let's see people have been complaining they dunno what's been happening to me cos i never blog so long. haha aiya, i have been posting up lots n lots n lots of photos of my activities in perth so yea GO SEE! :D

summary since the abalone dissection:

1) we have dissected MORE seafood (mussels, squid, yabby [a kind of tiny lobster])

2) most recently we dissected a cockraoch. i'm fine with cockroaches, but man, i did felt a *tinge* of nausea when i opened up the thing - the insides are prob what inspired the bugs in starship troopers, shamus (just that the movie one is magnified like 1000X haha).

3) very sadly, one of the 3 chicks was killed by a predatory bird one early morning :'( and so we went and got another 2 chicks. Currently the 2 original ones (haha ok bad pun, bad pun...u're thinking of KFC right??) are big and looking like chickens (just not fully grown yet), and the newer 2 are growing fast :) Hope to get eggs soon!

3) daddy, mummy & shamus came to perth! finally ate at Ciao italia (AWESOME italian food!), and shamus found his purpose of "life" in perth (JB-HiFi, which does not stand for Johor Bahru).

4) went for a family holiday in Cairns/Uluru! u can see pics on facebook!

5) ermm what else? oh yea! Tony Anthony (the 4 times world kungfu champion) came to share his story at a good news rally in church. It was really cool and encouraging to hear n see God's grace in his life and how He transformed and freed this man from his past. And Yaojun and Lynnette came!! :D Get a hold of his book Taming the Tiger if u ever get the chance - I havent read it but from his sharing i'm pretty sure it's a great read :)

6) been drowning in projectwork the entire last week...stress over various things added on top, but i'm so thankful for God's strength n the amazing love He has for me. I was touched by this song that i was just worhsipping God with last night:

"I couldn't take one step without You, I could never go on.
I couldn't live one day without You, I don't have the strength to make it on my own...

You are the love of my life
You are the hope that I cling to
You mean more than this world to me
I wouldn't trade You for silver or gold
I wouldn't trade You for riches untold
You are, You are my everything." :)

To all back in sg who's just finished their uni exams - CONGRATS!! :D meanwhile everyone else who hasnt (like me!) JIAYOU :) YEA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home