so let the Son shine in

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Incy Wincy...WHOA

[WARNING: Contains pictures of extremely leggy personalities]

Forget incy wincy spider.

Oz spiders are HUGE.

And many are poisonous.


Fancy a short pictoral introduction to some eight-legged eight-eyed friends? Well lucky you - meet Harry the Huntsman Spider:


Well Harry is huge (like about the size of a teacup saucer)...but not half as dangerous as my next friend, Miss Red the Red-back Spider:

Miss Red was about the size of a grape - and her kind is greatly feared by many, known to have a potent poison in her bite. But man, that red and black colour is really nice. A bit like a black widow I think.

Yeah....these were 2 of e biggest spiders I've encountered n took pictures of so far. Arachnids...interesting...haha well I suppose I'll be learning about these cool but rather scary creepy crawlies soon. Classes officially start tmr! :D Looking fwd to it :D

P.S. author apologises for lame spider names

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home