so let the Son shine in

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

16th Jan, 37deg C

It's getting hotter! But thank God it's still windy :) Went to IKEA today to pick up some stuff for my room - yay now i have a nice, relatively cheap, bedside table lamp.



Yesterday, we went to the beach for some good sun, sand and sea and...sandwiches! Picnics here are like DA BOMB :)

Me & my bro:





My bro shamus is positively pink now cos I think he got a bit sunburnt. Good thing we had sunblock. Sun here is really strong! I guess cos the ozone hole is near here somewhere...(you with the currypok hair - DROP THAT HAIRSPRAY! haha yeah i hope everyone's stopped producing CFC-containing aerosols...oooh but hairspray is a really good musical!!! N Miss Saigon is coming to the stage in Perth!! Yay! sure hope i get to watch...much cheaper than in singapore.)

Yup yup, and on a more serious note, i think God's teaching me some rather *painful* lessons here haha. Er not that it's THAT painful, but it's more of just a pruning thing..learning to be more loving, selfless and patient.

I guess I expected that when i'm here, i'll be quite alone and left to my own devices but it's turned out to be quite the opposite. I have a really cute 8-yr old cousin here, but she sticks to me like glue a lot, so i've been finding myself trying to "escape" to a corner where I can be alone. haha...(yeah those of u who know me well know that i recharge alone most of the time, like i need at least ONE moment of "alone-time" everyday. haha.)

Well last night I kinda trashed it out with my mum and with God and i realised that I had to learn not to be so selfish and God was teaching me that. So i want to thank God that this morning, He showed me a really sweet side of my cousin - she draws very well and I like to doodle too so it's fun to draw with her haha :) And I got a chance to play my guitar and sing some worship songs to let her hear, and she even talked to me about Bible stories she knows when she saw me reading my Bible :) Yeah, so am looking fwd to being God's love wrapped in skin to her and even ministering to the ppl I'm living with...i realised that i can't be here just 4 myself. It's different to live with people other than those u've been living with all ur lives (i had this sudden realisation of why ppl find it hard to adjust when they get married or have a kid!)

well, it's dinner time now so gtg!

love God? Must love people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home