Potty, Fartwell & Knob: what's in a name?
My bro and I were highly amused by a book we stumbled across at a bookshop in a shopping centre. It was "Potty, Fartwell and Knob" - a collection of strange but real British names of people. What a laugh!
These names actually exist!
Piggy Banks
Page Turner
Gladys Friday
Lettice Bray
and our favourite...
Ima Box
Ha...and just 2 nights ago, my bro and I were also discussing names - what we would name our kids in the future! Shamus said he liked the name Colette (yeah, thanks to ratatouille), so he said, "My kids will be called...Colette, Corvette and...Borat"
Ahahaha! Then we had to come up with a chinese name for dear little Borat. And thus my future nephew's name became Borat Leong Rat Bo. (i guess rat bo is dialect maybe for re bo in mandarin. hahaha) I DARE my brother to name his son Borat!! I still remember how a long time ago he liked the name Chelsea, but see, he is a MAN U fan...SO to reconcile that, I suggested that she be named Chelsea Leong Man You (Man U what...) Anyway he doesn't like Chelsea anymore. He is still a Man U fan.
Lalala...oh oh! today my cousins & i met the turtle from Over the Hedge movie! (what's his name again?) yay the little girl in me was like very excited haha cos i haven't taken a picture with a life-sized character in a looooooong while. Here is us with Mr. Turtle:

The weather is now officially HOT - it hit 40deg C today! BUT praise God there are FINALLY...CLOUDS in the sky! Ha...really, since i was here the sky has been blue n cloudless. so yes, thank God! :)

3 Comments:
Hi Yvette - at first I thought it was a mutant ninja turtle you were standing next to. 40 degrees is hot - yikes! - can you fry an egg on the side pavement?
A. Jackie
Hi Yvette!
Glad you have started a Blog. It's quite interesting and useful. Say hello to the ninja turtle for me. Baby Tyan misses her and Sab too.
It's slowly heating up here too. Less rain now.
Great idea to try for a driving Lic when u are there. May save u lots of heartache in SG.
love,
Unk D
Hello hello! So good to know you have a blog and I can keep up with what you are doing. :-) Drop by and visit mine when u have time
http://pilgrimparent.wordpress.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home